Donnerstag, 19. Mai 2011

Just an old lens ... (Carl Zeiss Planar T 50mm f/1.7)

 

Today I would like to share my recent experience with an old lens of mine, which I bought as my first lens when I was 14 years old. To be honest it was the only one I could afford, when I was a teenager. Didn´t use it that often and was much more keen on my dad´s (free market) zooms. Tokina 80 - 200mm was my favorite, but maybe that was only because of the beautiful girls in the neighbourhood ... :-)


Boy was I wrong, it is such a nice lens! At f/1.7 it produced very nice bookeh. It was great fun to play with out-of-focus and I will show you some of the pictures later. The lens was mounted with a cheap adapter from eBay on a Canon EOS 40D. To fix it proper some glue and parts of a paper-clip have been used. There is still some minor wagging, but it works so far. The crop factor of my amateur camera makes it even more interesting, because my all time favorite is the Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm f/1.4.

My only regret is that it's so much harder to use manual focus lenses on modern digital SLRs. If you don´t mind you will get excellent sharpness at center and borders as a bargain.

This is not a technical or comprehensiv review and therefore I will just share some of my photos.







Conclusion: a very nice lens for portrait & still life


Note: If there is anybody who knows a proper working adapter for that combo, please let me know.

ps: There are no portraits shown here, for privacy reasons.





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen